We understand that filing documents with the California Secretary of State may be very difficult and time consuming. Many times, the Secretary of State will leave you with unanswered questions and you can’t help but wonder if your documents ever made it to the Secretary of State. Diversified Business Solutions, Inc. strives to make this process as quick and simple as possible. We have compiled some tips for filing California Secretary of State documents.
Tips for Filing California Secretary of State Documents
- Reserve your name before filing your documents. We strongly recommend that you do a name search and reservation to confirm that the corporate name is available. Name searches and reservations are done directly with the Secretary of State. Please click here to get started.
- Make sure you have the correct and updated forms.
- Have someone else proof read/review your documents before submitting them.
- Request certified copies of your documents at the time of filing.
- Confirm you have the correct entity number on your documents.
- File your Statement of Information on time. CA LLC’s are required to file every other year and corporations are required to file on every year.
- Original documents are requiredif you want them apostilled or authenticated.
- Appointed Agent for Service of Process must have a physical California address.
- If you are registering from another state, a Certificate of Good Standing is required to accompany your registration documents.
- Corporations and LLCs are required to pay the minimum $800 tax fee per year.
These are some tips for filing California Secretary of State documents to help you get started. Speak with one of our filing experts to see how using our services and help you save both your time and money.
Please contact us at (916) 480-1225 to see how one of our experts can help you file your documents with the California Secretary of State!