We understand that filings documents with the California Secretary of State may not be the easiest experience to go through. Many times, your left with unanswered questions and wonder if your documents ever made it to the Secretary of State.
Over the course of our experience, here are 10 CA Secretary of State filing tips that Diversified Business Solutions can give you!
CA Secretary of State Tips
- Reserve your name before filing your documents.
- Have someone else look over your documents before submitting them.
- Confirm you have the correct entity number on your documents.
- File your Statement of Information on time. CA LLC’s are required to file every other year and corporations are required to file on every year.
- Original documents are required if you want them apostilled or authenticated.
- Appointed Agent for Service of Process must have a physical California address.
- If you are registering from another state, a Certificate of Good Standing is required to accompany your registration documents.
- Corporations and LLC’s are required to pay the minimum $800 tax fee per year.
- Use the Secretary of State’s template forms provided on their website to avoid rejections.
- Make sure the forms you are using are up to date.
There can never be too many tips to follow when filing documents with the Secretary of State. The more careful you are, the better the outcome. These are some CA Secretary of State filing tips to help you get started. Please do not hesitate to let us know of any helpful filing tips you can suggest. Speak with one of our filing experts to see how using our services and help you save both your time and money.
Please contact us at (916) 480-1225 to see how one of our experts can help you file your documents with the California Secretary of State!
You can also click here to have one of our filing experts contact you.